Kerry Carrot Cakes!
When I came down to Miami and started building up my precinct teams, I didn't ask my mother to canvass; and she didn't offer. By that point, I knew that canvassing was just not for everyone -- despite our campaign's near-blind insistence otherwise -- and I knew specifically that canvassing was 'not a mommy scene,' to paraphrase a family saying.
But everyone can do their own thing, and my mom can bake. She made us Kerry carrot cakes for the early voting rally. I drove them around South Miami in the front seat of my car, precariously balanced on plastic serving plates. I was hunched over the wheel the whole way, half worried I would cake up my car if I needed to stop short, and half worried that I would muck up the icing.
The cakes were a hit. We mostly served them to our volunteers and voters who came over to talk about MoveOn, although it's possible that some Bushies snagged a piece or two. I wonder if cake makes good political persuasion...if anyone could swing a vote with baked goods, it's my mom.
Happy mother's day!
But everyone can do their own thing, and my mom can bake. She made us Kerry carrot cakes for the early voting rally. I drove them around South Miami in the front seat of my car, precariously balanced on plastic serving plates. I was hunched over the wheel the whole way, half worried I would cake up my car if I needed to stop short, and half worried that I would muck up the icing.
The cakes were a hit. We mostly served them to our volunteers and voters who came over to talk about MoveOn, although it's possible that some Bushies snagged a piece or two. I wonder if cake makes good political persuasion...if anyone could swing a vote with baked goods, it's my mom.
Happy mother's day!
<< Home