Hark! A theme emerges!
When it came to be my turn, I had prepared myself with a different answer, something that would stand apart.
“My name is Greg, I’m from Miami Florida. And that, actually, is in a way part of the reason I’m here today—I voted for Nader in 2000.” (So that was a minor lie. but as the logic goes it was close enough to the truth and anyways I wasn’t about to go saying in a job interview that I’d been too slack to request my absentee ballot on time.) I looked around at the staff; a number of them nodded with a sad smile of recognition.
“So, you know, that’s been a bit of an issue for me for the last four years—what that vote meant. I guess you could say I’m here … as a test. I don’t know that I believe in this democracy business, but there’s never going to be a better way to find out.”
“My name is Greg, I’m from Miami Florida. And that, actually, is in a way part of the reason I’m here today—I voted for Nader in 2000.” (So that was a minor lie. but as the logic goes it was close enough to the truth and anyways I wasn’t about to go saying in a job interview that I’d been too slack to request my absentee ballot on time.) I looked around at the staff; a number of them nodded with a sad smile of recognition.
“So, you know, that’s been a bit of an issue for me for the last four years—what that vote meant. I guess you could say I’m here … as a test. I don’t know that I believe in this democracy business, but there’s never going to be a better way to find out.”
<< Home